Some special travelers dropped by ginkgohill recently and left some gifts. Pinkblossom and whitecarrot from the carrotblossom patch, and then Amanda from outsideseoul, gave me Liebster Awards! The more the merrier :P
First of all, I’m so glad these blogs received awards cuz they are amazing. I was shocked and honored that they would consider me as one of their favorites. Like really, I don’t spend much time interacting online about kdramas (the way I that spend time on kpop sites :) and to get this award is really encouraging. After nearly 4 years of watching those darn addicting dramas, I still really enjoy reviewing them, and it means a lot that others spare the time to visit.
I guess in order to officially accept the Liebster, I have to list 11 facts about myself, answer questions that the awarders mercilessly threw out lol, nominate 5 other bloggers, and ask them questions. Aiya. Here I go…
11 very brief facts:
1. When I’m not busy with kdramas, I like watching competition shows like Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, Top Chef, etc.
2. I’m a football (American) fan.
3. The only time I’ve been overseas was to Namibia for a study abroad program. It was amazing.
4. I’m a Capricorn.
5. I’m half Korean (although that’s not the reason I discovered Kdramas :)
6. I used to watch anime (loved Naruto), which led me to dramas, which led me to Kpop.
7. I like to cross county ski, and roller ski in the off-season.
8. My biggest pet peeve is loud noises.
9. I change my mind easily and often. It’s bad cuz I’m so indecisive, but it’s also good cuz I’m really open-minded.
10. I occasionally memorize and practice Kpop dance choreography–entire songs.
11. If I could go to Korea (which I’m hoping to do at least once in my life), I would spend more time visiting mountains and historical sites than cities and shopping areas.
Questions from pinkblossom and whitecarrot:
- Which KDrama character would you actually date? Why? (wc) Maybe unexpected, but it would be Lee Wan’s character from Let’s Go to the Beach. I’m crazy attracted to this guy. Lee Wan and this character represent my “ideal type”–fun, easygoing, a little daring…and I usually wouldn’t say it, but buff. I wanna swim, weight-lift, lifeguard, and sit around the fire in the evenings with him at this beach haha.
- What would you do if you were stuck on a lifeboat with Richard Parker the Bengal tiger? Would you kill it if you got the chance? (wc) Where did this come from?! lol. I hope there’s no right or wrong answer. I’m not familiar with this story, but I would say, if this tiger helped me then I wouldn’t kill it.
- Apples or pears? Choose! (wc) Apples! Cuz pears are often too hard or too mushy. I still like pears though.
- Does an actor’s life off the screen affect how you view them on screen? (pb) Actually no. It’s amazing how good these actors are at, well, acting! Whether they have scandals in real life, are married, or are philanthropists…I am usually completely focused on their transformation into characters and only judge them based on their acting skills. I might really like or dislike an actor in real life, but that doesn’t affect my opinion of them on screen.
- Would you rather have a long-lost twin who shows up and steals your man, or an evil Cheongdamdong mother-in-law? (pb) omg Evil in-laws and status-hungry parents are what I resent the most about dramas!!! Really, there’s no reason for the extra conflict. So I guess having a twin would be acceptable. If “my man” fell for her, well, there’s a reason to be disappointed in him, and maybe there’d be a later opportunity to get him back, if I’d want that.
- What’s your motivation for blogging? Not only the enjoyment of watching the dramas and keeping track of them, but as a way to let out my opinions that might not ring everywhere else, or opinions that I can reinforce so that good dramas get noticed. And I just like to contribute to the spread of Korean culture in general.
- Do you post under your real name? Why or why not? And if you don’t, how did you chose your blogging identity? Nope. I just think it’s fun to be called something else. I aliased myself “glacier” in like 2007, after a trip to Glacier National Park. It was a magical experience, and life just seemed to be perfect during that time. “kn” are my initials.
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written so far? Ummmm I really don’t know since they’re all kind of similar haha. My most popular post has always been the Sungkyunkwan Scandal post cuz I included all of the anime pics which attract people.
- What has been your biggest blogging challenge (e.g. getting people to comment, making headers, placing pictures side by side, etc)? I have major formatting issues with [free] WordPress. For instance, there aren’t enough customization options for text and images, so it’s difficult to make the posts look interesting. And I like this theme, but I hate the colored borders around the pictures >:(
- What are your favorite and least favorite drama cliches? Good one! But there are so many. My favorite might be wrist-grabbing…I don’t mind it and it’s always dramatic (and it’s skinship>:). My least favorite is the parents-against-marriage deal (like I mentioned earlier). Another one I hate is coincidental meetings, like childhood friends who suddenly happen to work in the same place as adults, or repetitive chance meetings (at the airport, Jejudo, Lotte World, etc). And “second lead syndrome” setups…angelic second lead who everyone knows is not going to win in the end but exists to make us feel bad anyway. bleh!